AKWESASNE COMMUNITY FUND CALL OUT FOR FUNDING APPLICATIONS
The Akwesasne Community Fund Review Team, on behalf of the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne (MCA), is pleased to announce that applications to receive funding from the Akwesasne Community Fund are now available.
Council has set aside a portion of the revenue received from the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation to support various initiatives that might not otherwise receive government funding. The funding that’s been set aside is referred to as the Akwesasne Community Fund.
A total of $150,000 is available for distribution in the 2019-20 fiscal year.
For applicants to be considered eligible, the following criteria apply:
- Must be established and/or operate in the northern portion of Akwesasne, with proof of a physical address within the jurisdiction of the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne;
- Must be community-based and not for profit;
- Must not have an outstanding report or other obligation from any previous Akwesasne Community Fund call out;
- Must have two contact persons for an application—both contact persons must be Members of the Mohawks of Akwesasne in accordance with the Akwesasne Membership Code and both contact persons and the applicant must be in Good Standing with MCA; and
- Proof of an established Canadian bank account in the applicants name must be provided.
Akwesasne Community Fund guidelines and application forms may be picked up at MCA Administration Building 1 (the “A-frame”), which is located at 12 Akwesasne Street in the District of Kana:takon. These documents are also available for Download below.
For further information concerning the Akwesasne Community Fund guidelines, criteria, or application form do not hesitate to contact:
Kristy Lauzon—Special Projects Officer
MCA Administration 1 Building
12 Akwesasne Street
Akwesasne, Quebec H0M 1A0
613-575-2250 ext. 2121
Applications must be hand delivered to location indicated above on or before the strict deadline of Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 2:00 pm. Late submissions will not be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made!