AKWESASNE COMMUNITY HEALING FUND CALL OUT FOR FUNDING APPLICATIONS
The Akwesasne Community Fund Review Committee and the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne (MCA), is pleased to announce that applications to receive funding from the Akwesasne Community Healing Fund are now available.
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne will allocate one hundred and fifty thousand ($150,000) from the Department of Community and Social Services, Akwesasne Child and Family Services (ACFS) surplus for 2020/21 to support the Akwesasne Community Healing Fund; These dollars are designed to assist individuals and families in mitigating risks and providing healing support services to Akwesasneronon who are in need of help, recovery and support to become healthy and whole.
A total of $150,000 is available for distribution in the 2021-22 fiscal year.
For applicants to be considered eligible, the following criteria apply:
- Must be established and/or operate in the northern portion of Akwesasne, with proof of a physical address within the jurisdiction of the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne;
- Must be community-based and not for profit;
- Must not have an outstanding report or other obligation from any previous Akwesasne Community Fund call out;
- Must have one contact persons for an application — contact person must be a Member of the Mohawks of Akwesasne and their operations must be located in Akwesasne. Applicant must be in Good Standing with MCA; and
- Proof of an established Canadian bank account in the applicants name must be provided.
Akwesasne Community Healing Fund guidelines and application forms may be picked up at MCA Administration Building 1 (the “A-frame”), which is located at 12 Akwesasne Street in the District of Kana:takon. These documents are also available on MCA’s website at www.akwesasne.ca and can be easily found by typing ‘Akwesasne Community Healing Fund’ into the search bar.
For further information concerning the Akwesasne Community Fund guidelines, criteria, or application form do not hesitate to contact:
Chelsea Francis—Government Support Manager
MCA Administration 1 Building
12 Akwesasne Street
Akwesasne, Quebec H0M 1A0
613-575-2250 ext. 2164
DEADLINE: Monday, November 15, 2021 at 2:00 pm. Late submissions will not be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made!