Call Out for Community Trustee
Applications will be taken from interested Members to serve as Community Trustee as part of the Akwesasne Community Settlement Trust
Deadline for Application: 4PM November 30, 2018
Term: 2 years
Positions: 1 (one)
Honorarium provided as per Schedule “C” of the Trust Agreement.
- Knowledge of the Kanienkehaka culture and the Akwesasne community
- A commitment to learning or enriching his/her knowledge of, the Kanienkeha language
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to the role of Community Trustee
- Honesty, integrity, ethical conduct and common sense
- The ability to maintain objectivity, fairness, accountability and operational transparency
- Knowledge of issues and needs within the community of Akwesasne
- Ability to identify areas where specialized knowledge might be required and willingness to seek specialized advice when needed
- Willingness to fully commit and participate in, the operation and administration of the Trust
- Successful completion of Trustee accreditation with the National Aboriginal Trust Officers Association of Canada (NATOA) within the first 9 months of appointment.
Details can be found in the “Mohawks of Akwesasne Community Settlement Trust as amended up to this 16th day of May, 2016” – Pages 19-23 Section 4.0 Community Trustees found on the MCA webpage or a copy can be obtained at the Mohawk Government Office.
- As per the Sakotiia’tanonha: Policies and Procedures, “Supplemental criteria utilized for the purpose of helping to ensure community representation, the list of potential Community Trustee candidates may include: Work history and employer, District of Residency, Gender, Age Group”
- An eligibility list may be created to fill future Trustee positions that may become available.
|For more information call Chelsea Francis of the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne Mohawk Government Office at 613-575-2348 ext. 2270, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be picked up at the MCA Mohawk Government Bldg #1, 29 Third St. in the village of Kanata:kon, or download at www.akwesasne.ca. Deliver completed applications electronically or in person to the address listed in the application package no later than 4pm on the above noted closing date.
** Incomplete applications will not be considered**