COVID-19 RESPONSE: EOHU/AKWESASNE AT ORANGE-RESTRICT LEVEL (STARTING DEC. 14)
Ontario’s COVID-19 response framework includes five levels of public health measures: Green-Prevent, Yellow-Protect, Orange-Restrict, Red-Control, & Lockdown.
Starting Monday, December 14, the Eastern Ontario Health Unit will move from the YELLOW-PROTECT level to the ORANGE-RESTRICT zone of the response framework. This classification applies to Akwesasne, as the northern portion of our community follows the direction of the EOHU.
To view more implemented measures & Ontario’s COVID-19 Response Framework, please visit www.ontario.ca/page/covid-19-response-framework-keeping-ontario-safe-and-open.
Some measures included in the ORANGE-RESTRICT level are:
- 50 person seated indoor capacity limit for restaurants
- Limit of 4 people that may be seated together in restaurants
- Contact information required for all seated patrons
- Establishments must be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Liquor sold or served only between 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
To learn more about the ORANGE-RESTRICT level’s public health measures and indicators, you can visit the EOHU website at eohu.ca/en/covid/covid-19-response-framework.
For more information on Akwesasne’s current health measures and/or COVID-19 testing, please contact the MCA Community Health Program at 613-575-2341 ext. 3220.