Department of Community & Social Services Program
What Services Do We Offer:
The Department of Community and Social Services (DCSS) works to provide help to people in the community of Akwesasne. As well, we work hard to meet the needs of people for health, safety and well-being through services we offer in and around Akwesasne.
- To make people’s lives better.
- To increase the health and safety of the community and its members.
- To make sure the services we offer meet your needs.
- To make better programs that include the values of Mohawk Council, which are respect, integrity, equality and empowerment.
- To provide financial assistance when people are in need and to help others through getting education and employment.
- To provide child care programs within the three districts of Akwesasne.
- To provide health care and well-being for all of our children and youth.
- To work at preventing Elder’s from being abused.
Each program under the Department of Community & Social Services is listed in the following pages. Please look at each program for the list of services they might be able to offer you. Programs and Services
Director: Robyn Mitchell
Contact Info: 613-575-2341 Ext. 3305
Kanonhkwat’sheri:io Health Facility
31 Hilltop Drive, St. Regis, QC H0M-1A0
Phone: (613) 575-2341 Ext. 3305
Fax: (613) 575-2346
Open: 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday