HEALTH CANADA WARNS AGAINST INGESTING RAPID ANTIGEN TEST SOLUTION
After 50 calls had been received at poison control in Canada, Health Canada has issued a warning regarding the ingesting or skin exposure to the rapid antigen testing solution. No one has been seriously injured by the misuse of the rapid tests, and only minor health outcomes have resulted in the poison control calls to date.
Health Canada has advised individuals who are using the rapid antigen tests to follow the instructions provided carefully. The testing kits have been deemed safe and effective when used as intended.
If you have a household with young children or pets, ensure the test kits are kept in a safe, cool, and dry place. When using the test, ensure no children or pets can freely access the testing solution or the testing kit while in use and awaiting the results. After using the kit, wash your hands thoroughly. If the test kit solution spills, rinse well with water.
In the event of ingestion/contamination, please contact your local poison control center.