Home Adaptations for Seniors Independence
Home Adaptations for Seniors Independence (HASI) is a program we administer through the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation. This small grant will do modifications to homes such as ramps, handrails, and grab bars to aid the homeowner easier access around their homes.
Criteria for Approval:
- Applicant must be owner of house
- Applicant must be 65 years of age
- Applicant must be a Member of the Mohawks of Akwesasne
When budget is received, we notify the Home Support Program, and they provide a list of persons in most need of this assistance.
- All rental units and new construction units are insured. Persons who have paid their housing loans off can still keep homeowner’s insurance by making arrangements with insurance broker.
- All lands are issued under Certificate of Possessions.
- Therefore each member has ownership once loan is paid in full.