MCA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH COMMUNITY UPDATE (MARCH 20, 2020)
Amid the current COVID-19 outbreak, the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne’s Department of Health is working diligently to ensure essential programs and services continue to be delivered to the community. As a preventative measure to protect our community and our staff, we are strongly discouraging any and all activities that would allow for community and people to congregate; for example, social gatherings of 50 people or more within the community. Public Health Ontario has provided free, public resources on self-isolation, self-monitoring, and more. Visit their website at https://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/diseases-and-conditions/infectious-diseases/respiratory-diseases/novel-coronavirus/public-resources.
• Please be advised that access to the Kanonhkwa’tsheri:io Health Facility is limited to the public, please call the front desk at 613-575-2341 and your call will be directed accordingly.
• Department of Health Administration meets consistently with their programs, providers and the Emergency Operation Center team to ensure service delivery is maintained for our community.
• Proxim Pharmacy is open to the public Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you are sick, they ask that you please call ahead to make arrangements at 613- 575-1160 or 613-575-2341 – ext. 3250, 3234.
• Akwesasne Dental Clinic is closed until further notice.
• Dr. Danielle Dubuc’s Optometry Office is also closed until further notice.
• Akwesasne Medical Clinic & Kawehno:ke Medical Clinic are not receiving any walk–in clients at this time; access to both medical clinics will be limited. Appointments with providers will be on an as needed basis, dependent on the phone triage screening and discretion. If you have any health concerns, please call the clinics prior to visiting.
• Dr. Horn’s Medical Clinic is cancelled at Iakhihsohtha until further notice.
• Physiotherapy will be cancelled until further notice.
• Dr. Saylor — pediatric appointments will be cancelled until further notice.
• Dr. Levac will be providing telephone follow-ups for upcoming appointments only.
• Dr. Torres — appointments at the Kawehno:ke Medical Clinic will be cancelled until further notice.
• Dr. Funnell — appointments at the Kawehno:ke Medical Clinic will be cancelled until further notice.
• Katelyn Fedorak and Janet Brant, NP will be seeing patients at the Kawehno:ke Medical Clinic on an urgent care only basis.
Kawehno:ke Medical Clinic — (613) 575-2341 ext. 1110 or 613-932-5808
Akwesasne Medical Clinic — (613) 575-2341 ext. 3215