MCA REPORTS NO NEW POSITIVE CASES OF COVID-19
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne’s Community Health Program reports zero (0) new active cases of COVID-19 in the northern portion of the community as of July 16, 2021.
Current COVID-19 Statistics for the Northern Portion of Akwesasne:
New Positive Cases: 0
Current Active: 0
Total Cases: 358
There have been no further COVID-19 related fatalities
The MCA Department of Health (DOH) would like to remind the community that we need your assistance to slow/stop the spread of COVID-19 by strictly adhering to the public health measures that have been put in place. Please no social gatherings (stay within your own household), and wear a mask when around others. Wash and sanitize hands frequently and maintain six feet of distance from anyone outside your household.
The DOH is informing community members of our upcoming COVID-19 vaccine clinics:
- July 21, 2021: Moderna – By Appointment – Kanonhkwa’tsheri:io Health Facility – 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- July 28, 2021: Pfizer – By Appointment – Kawehno:ke Medical Clinic – 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
- August 11, 2021: Moderna – By Appointment – Kanonhkwa’tsheri:io Health Facility – 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- August 18, 2021: Pfizer – By Appointment – Kanonhkwa’tsheri:io Health Facility – 10 a.m. – 12p.m.
If you’re experiencing any of the symptoms below within the last 72 hours without a known cause, please stay home, do not go to work or visit others:
- Fever >37.8 C or 100.04 F
- New onset of cough
- Worsening chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias)
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Runny nose/nasal congestion without a known cause
If you have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting your results, please remain in isolation until you have been advised otherwise by a healthcare professional.
If you need to be tested for COVID-19, please make an appointment with MCA’s Community Health Program by calling 613-575-2341 ext. 3220. Community members can also access free testing through the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe. Check their website, www.srmt-nsn.gov, for testing dates.
If you have been directed to isolate/quarantine due to exposure, or are awaiting your COVID-19 test results, you can contact the Community in Quarantine Program to receive essential supplies and necessities, at 613-575-2130 (Monday-Friday, 8 AM-5 PM) or 800-480-4208 (after hours/weekends/holidays). Please note that the Community in Quarantine services are not available to those quarantining from recent travel or vacation.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the MCA website at www.akwesasne.ca/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-information/.