MCA REPORTS NO NEW POSITIVE CASES OF COVID-19
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne’s Community Health Program reports zero (0) new positive cases of COVID-19 in the northern portion of the community, as of August 31, 2021.
Current COVID-19 Statistics for the Northern Portion of Akwesasne:
New Positive Cases: 0
Current Active: 1
Total Cases: 366
There have been no further COVID-19 related fatalities
The Department of Health would like to remind the community that we need your assistance to slow/stop the spread of COVID-19 by strictly adhering to the public health measures that have been put in place. Wash and sanitize hands frequently, wear a mask/face covering when out in public, and maintain six feet of distance from anyone outside your household.
Community Health is announcing the following vaccine clinics:
- September 1, 2021: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Moderna @ Kanonkwatsheri:io Health Facility (by appointment)
- September 15, 2021: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Pfizer @ Kanonkwatsheri:io Health Facility (by appointment)
- September 29, 2021: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Moderna @ Kanonkwatsheri:io Health Facility (by appointment)
- October 3, 2021: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Pfizer @ Kanonkwatsheri:io Health Facility (by appointment)
If you’re experiencing any of the symptoms below within the last 72 hours without a known cause, please stay home. Do not go to work or visit others:
- Fever >37.8 C or 100.04 F
- New onset of cough
- Worsening chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias)
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Runny nose/nasal congestion without a known cause
If you’ve been tested for COVID-19, and are awaiting your results, please stay in isolation until you’ve been advised by a healthcare professional.
If you need to be tested for COVID-19, please make an appointment with MCA’s Community Health Program by calling 613-575-2341 ext.3220. Community members can also access free testing through the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe. Check their website, www.srmt-nsn.gov, for testing dates.
If you have been directed to isolate/quarantine due to exposure, or are awaiting your COVID-19 rest results, you can contact the Community in Quarantine Program to receive essential supplies and necessities at 613-575-2130 (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) or 800-480-4208 (after hours/weekends/holidays). Please note that the Community in Quarantine services are not available to those quarantining from recent travel or vacation.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the MCA website at www.akwesasne.ca/covid-19/.