MCA REPORTS SEVEN NEW POSITIVE CASES OF COVID-19
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne’s Community Health Program reports seven (7) new positive cases of COVID-19 in the northern portion of the community, as of January 3, 2022.
Current COVID-19 Statistics for the Northern Portion of Akwesasne:
New Positive Cases: 7
Current Active: 31
Total Cases: 680
COVID-19 Related Passings: 12
The MCA Department of Health (DOH) would like to remind the community that we need your assistance to slow/stop the spread of COVID-19 by strictly adhering to the public health measures that have been put in place. Please no social gatherings (stay within your own household), and wear a mask when around others. Wash and sanitize hands frequently and maintain six feet of distance from anyone outside your household.
It is of the utmost importance to get tested for COVID-19 at the onset of any symptoms, regardless of your vaccination status, even if you feel your symptoms are a common cold or allergies. If you’ve been tested for COVID-19, and are awaiting your results, please stay in isolation until you’ve been advised by a healthcare professional.
Community Health is announcing the following vaccine clinics:
- January 5, 2022: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna & Pediatric Dose) @ Kanonkwa’tsheri:io Health Facility (by appointment)
- January 10, 2022: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna) @ Kanonkwa’tsheri:io Health Facility (walk-ins welcome)
- January 12, 2022: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Pediatric Dose) @ Kanonkwa’tsheri:io Health Facility (by appointment)
- January 19, 2022: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Moderna) @ Kanonkwa’tsheri:io Health Facility (walk-ins welcome)
- January 24, 2022: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Pfizer/Moderna) @ Kanonkwa’tsheri:io Health Facility (by appointment)
- January 26, 2022: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Pediatric Dose) @ Kanonkwa’tsheri:io Health Facility (by appointment)
Community members can email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination receipts. In your email request, please be sure to include your name and date of birth. Community Health Program staff will input the record of your dose into the Ontario Health Provincial System. Once your information has been input into the system, the province will send the receipt via email with your official Ontario COVID-19 vaccination receipts in 1-3 business days.
If you need to be tested for COVID-19, please make an appointment with MCA’s Community Health Program by calling 613-575-2341 ext. 3220. Community members can also access free testing through the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe. Check their website, www.srmt-nsn.gov, for testing dates. Test results can take between 3-7 days to return.
If you have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting your results, please remain in isolation until you have been advised otherwise by a healthcare professional. If you have been directed to quarantine, and are in need of essential food supplies, please contact 613-936-1548 ext. 1300 during regular business hours (M-F, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.), or 800-480-4208 after hours or on weekends. If staff are unavailable at either phone number, please leave a message, and staff will return your call as soon as they are able.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the MCA website at www.akwesasne.ca/covid-19.