MCA URGES COMMUNITY TO BE PREPARED FOR SECOND WAVE OF COVID-19
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne is urging the community to be prepared for the possibility of a second wave of COVID-19. With the knowledge we now have about COVID-19 and living in a pandemic, we can be better prepared.
You can do the following to prepare for a second wave of COVID-19:
- Review what has worked for your family and what issues you have encountered since the onset of the pandemic. We can learn from our past experiences and plan accordingly.
- Gather essential and emergency items. This does not mean panic buying. It means carefully planning what items your household will need in order to limit trips outside the home if a shelter-in-place or quarantine is required during a second wave.
- Make plans now with your family to ensure that your personal errands/matters and appointments can be managed ahead of a second wave. Renew IDs/licenses/health cards, etc., make your annual dental or doctor appointments, check your prescriptions, take care of banking matters.
- Consider receiving the flu shot, to protect yourself and others from another illness that could complicate a second wave of COVID-19. MCA will be making announcements in the near future regarding their flu shot schedule for this season.
- In the workplace, be sure that emergency and pandemic plans are completed. Also review your past practices and make adjustments with your new knowledge.
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne’s Emergency Operations Centre continues to be available to answer your emergency-related questions and to assist you in planning. They can be reached at 613-575-5005, 613-575-2331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.