Stanley Island Cabins For Sale By Bid
Open To Akwesasne Community Members Only
Akwesasne Community members are invited to bid on the cash purchase of either Cabin #8 on lot# 12 and/or Cabin #10 on lot# 41, located on Stanley Island, Ontario. The cabins are being sold in “as is” condition. New metal roofs were installed in the Fall of 2014 however there are still repairs needed on each cabin. Each cabin is approximately 1300 sq. ft., 1 1/2 story, 3 bedrooms with 100 amp electric services connected and serviced by Cornwall Electric. The sale of the cabins does not include the land. The land must be leased through the Office of Vital Statistics through application. Insurance coverage is a requirement of leasing the land. The current lot lease fees for community members is $250 per year. Bid packages must be picked up at the MCA Economic Development office at CIA#3 building on Kawehno:ke.
For more information visit MCA Economic Development office or call (613)575-2250, ext. #1052.
Terms and Conditions
Cabins are being sold to the highest bidder who meet the terms and conditions.
- The minimum bid accepted is $15,000.00.
- The bid is open to registered Akwesasne Community Members only.
- Bidders must submit a completed Akwesasne Membership confirmation form along with their bid. (Provided in the bid package.)
- Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope and delivered to the Economic Development office at the CIA #3 building on Kawehno:ke by the deadline of May 15, 2017 at 11:00 a.m.
- All submitted sealed bids will be time and date stamped by an Economic Development staff member. In the case of a tie bid the earlier time stamped bid will prevail.
- The winning bidder must provide a down payment of 25% within 7 days of winning notification and the balance to be paid within 60 days.
- Bids are for the cabin (s) only. The land is not included but must be leased.
- Buyers are required to complete an Application to lease land, through the Office of Vital Statistics, and obtain approval to lease prior to the completed purchase.
- Approved lot leases will be registered with Indian and Northern Affairs Canada which is administered through the Office of Vital Statistics.
- Winning Bidders may apply for financing through MCA which will involve a $10,000 down payment and a monthly payment plan up to two years. Financing approval not guaranteed.
- Any winning bids that do not meet these terms and conditions will be discarded.