Sustaining our inherent rights, facing challenges together to build a strong and healthy future.
The Akwesasne Justice Department strives to provide a comprehensive Justice System for the people of Akwesasne which is equitable, fair and respectful of individual rights and is also respectful of our Culture and Heritage as Mohawks.
- To develop and administer a community based justice system centered on traditional principles.
- To provide community members with the institutions to resolve internal conflicts and disputes, and a forum for the adjudication of community laws.
- To manage and expand the restorative justice programs and native court worker program.
- To provide community members with local supervision program for adult, youth offenders and federal parolees from the courts and correctional centers in Ontario, Quebec and New York State.
- Survey on Election Law Amendments
- Application to Voters List
- Boat Registration Form
- Compliance Office - Animal Registration Form
- Couples Property Law - Regulations
- Couples Property Law - Application
- Couples Property Law - Statement of Defence
- Mediation Intake Form
- Peace Bond Intakes Form
***Please Download Forms to your computer and use Adobe Reader to Fill out Forms
Director: Joyce King
Contact Info: 613-575-2250 • Ext. 2400