IAKHIHSOTHA VISITOR RESTRICTIONS
Please be advised that the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne Department of Health considers the safety of the Iakhihsotha residents, employees and communitymembers’ one of our highest priorities.
Effective immediately, visits to Iakhihsotha will have the following restrictions until further notice to contain arespiratory outbreak:
- Limit your visit to one resident only and to less than 1 hour
- No children <12 years old (except for palliative care)
- Clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub:
- When arrive and before leaving
- After any contact with residents
- After coughing and sneezing
- Check with a nurse before visiting the home
- Follow all posted guidelines to protect yourself and others
- No group activities (ex. Bingo, folding, etc.)
We will assess the status of the outbreak on a daily basis and will lift visitor restrictions as soon as the risk to our residents, families, employees, andcommunity members has been minimized.
The MCA Department of Health thanks the community in advance for their cooperation throughout this precautionary measure.
Immediate family members of Iakhihsotha residents should contact the facility directly at (613) 575-2507 for further information.
For more information please call the Community Health office at (613) 575-2341 Ext. 3220.