CALL OUT ELECTION APPEAL BOARD MEMBERS
MCA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR IS IN SEARCH OF INTERESTED ELIGIBLE VOTER TO SERVE AS:
AKWESASNE ELECTION APPEAL BOARD MEMBERS
Term: December 30, 2017 to December 30, 2020
Salary: $17.00 per hour $22.00 per hour
Summary of Responsibilities: The successful applicants – Three (3) Primary and Three (3) Alternates for a total of Six (6) - must abide by and uphold all provisions of the Akwesasne Election Law 2005/06-192 and any successor law. Duties of the Akwesasne Election Appeal Board (AEAB) members will be required to perform are as follows:
• Attending all training sessions;
• Preparation of report and submission thereof to the Executive Director;
• Fulfill oath of office;
• Be available within five days after the General Election or by-election to review matters concerning an appeal to the General Election, By-Election;
• Be available to hold an election appeal hearing, as required under the Akwesasne Election Law in an Election, by-election or Referendum;
• Render a decision on election appeals in accordance with the authority confirmed upon it by the Akwesasne Election Law or other Election regulations under MCA jurisdiction;
• The AEAB member is under the direction of the Executive Director to perform the duties required in the event of an appeal to an election, as required under the Akwesasne Election Law and any other Election regulations under MCA jurisdiction, for six (6) months prior to General Election and run for three consecutive years.
- Must be an eligible Voter.
- The ability to speak and understand the Mohawk language is also an asset.
- Must be reliable and willing to work flexible hours; must be impartial and courteous to all electors.
- Must treat all matters and evidence before them, during and subsequent to their membership on the Appeal Board, as confidential.
- Pursuant to the Akwesasne Election Law Section 5. (5): “No Chief, Justice of the Peace, Justices of the Mohawk Court or employee of the Justice Department may be appointed as a member of the Election Appeal Board.”
Applicants can submit their letter of intent to the Executive Director located at the Administration Building 1 in the village of St. Regis Quebec or the application can be mailed to P.O. Box 90, St. Regis PQ H0M 1A0, Attention: Executive Director by Thursday December 28 2017 at Noon.