IAKHIHSOHTHA VISITOR RESTRICTIONS
Please be advised that the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne Department of Health considers the safety of the Iakhihsohtha residents, employees and community members’ one of our highest priorities. Effective immediately, visits to Iakhihsohtha will have the following restrictions until further notice to contain an influenza outbreak:
- No visitors until further notice (except for palliative care or special circumstances).
- Check with the nurse before visiting to confirm whether your family member is able to receive visitors as a special circumstance.
- If you’re visiting a resident based on special circumstances, you must proceed as follows:
- Clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub:
- When you arrive and before leaving
- After any contact with residents
- After coughing and sneezing
- Follow all posted guidelines to protect yourself and others
- No group activities (ex. bingo, folding, congregate dining etc.)
We will assess the status of the outbreak on a daily basis and will lift visitor restrictions as soon as the risk to our residents, families, employees and community members has been minimized.
MCA Department of Health thanks the community in advance for their cooperation throughout this precautionary measure.
Immediate family members of Iakhihsohtha residents should contact the facility directly at (613)575-2507 for further information.
Daily updates will be provided and posted and on the MCA Facebook page as well as the Community Health Facebook Page.
For more information please call the Community Health office at (613) 575-2341 Ext. 3220.