MCA CALLOUT FOR YOUTH REPRESENTATIVES
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne would like to appoint three (3) youth representatives, to represent the community of Akwesasne, with a goal of equal gender composition, and staggered terms of two to three years. In order to be eligible to represent the Mohawks of Akwesasne, youth applicants must be an enrolled member or have an active applicant to be a Member of the Mohawks of Akwesasne, pursuant to the Akwesasne Membership Code.
Specific duties for MCA Youth Representatives would include:
- To adhere to the guidelines outlines within the terms of reference;
- To assist in organizing and completing objectives outlined within the work plan;
- Be responsible to produce and maintain consistent lines of communication, specifically to host youth engagement/information sessions with the youth of Akwesasne as a means to consult with and report to the youth of Akwesasne, in order to obtain input and feedback;
- To engage in activities that advocate, promote, and advance the priorities, concerns, and recommendations of the youth of Akwesasne;
- To provide recommendations on emerging issues, collaborative opportunities, and next steps to be taken to address the issues identified by the youth of Akwesasne;
- To actively participate in youth forums at the local, regional, and federal levels as requested;
- To provide notification of existing and upcoming local, regional, national, and international opportunities available to the youth of Akwesasne;
- To provide routine activity reports to Council.
Please be advised that individuals selected will be appointed as MCA Youth Representatives through Mohawk Council Resolution for a two (2) year term.
Interested individuals aged 18-27 years old are invited to submit their letter of interest with resume to Adrianne Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail/in person to the Mohawk Government Offices located at 29 Third St, Akwesasne, QC H0M 1A0 (Old G & L Building 2 near Area Management in Kana:takon) by Tuesday,January 30, 2018 at 5:00pm.
For further information or if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Mohawk Government offices at (613) 575-2348 extension 2268.