CALL-OUT TO SIT ON THE AKWESASNE ADVISORY HEALTH BOARD
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne, Department of Health is seeking two (2) community representatives to sit on the Akwesasne Health Board 2018-2019 FY; one (1) member from Kana:takon District and one (1) member from Kawehno:ke District.
To qualify for appointment to the Akwesasne Advisory Health Board a person must:
- Be a registered member of Akwesasne or immediately eligible to be registered as a member under the Akwesasne Membership code (does not include probationary members);
- Have knowledge of Mohawk cultures and traditions;
- Have good character, credibility and reputation in the Akwesasne community;
- Not be convicted of an indictable offense in Canada or a felony in the United States within 5 years prior to their appointment;
- Reside in the District for which they were appointed, unless otherwise approved by the Board;
- Have an adequate educational background or experience in the health field and possess an interest in health issues. For the youth representative, an interest in health issues satisfies this criterion;
- Must not be an employee of the Department of Health.
Honorarium set by MCR guidelines for appointed Akwesasne Health Board members.
If interested please submit a letter, outlining your qualifications and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping off your letter at the Kanonhkwat’sheri:io Health Facility, Attention: Department of Health Administration.
For more information, please contact Department of Health Administration office at 613-575-2341 ext. 3300.
DEADLINE: Friday, February 23, 2018 by 4:00 PM.