Akwesasne Membership Board Seeking Secretary/Recorder
Seskeha / August 25, 2015
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne would like to inform the community that the Akwesasne Membership Board is seeking a Secretary/Recorder for the meetings of the Akwesasne Membership Board.
Duties of the Secretary/Recorder
- Record the start and finish time of the interview/hearing, take attendance of the Board Members present, take note of the reason for absent Board Members, shall note the time of any late arrivals or early departures of the Board Members, record minutes of the interview/hearing and record the votes.
- The meeting shall be transcribed and tape-recorded.
- The minutes of the Akwesasne Membership Board shall not be taken verbatim.
- A copy of the minutes must be provided to the Office of Vital Statistics Membership Officer within four days of the meeting date.
- A copy of the corrected minutes, which will be the official minutes, must be provided to the Office of Vital Statistics Membership Officer within four days of being reviewed and approved by the Membership Board.
- The Secretary/Recorder is not required at working meetings or training of the Akwesasne Membership Board.
- As per the policy entitled 805 Policy on Honorariums effective date October 1, 2005, MCR 2005/2006 - #138B, section 805.6, “Board members who are also recorders or secretaries will receive a maximum of $125 for attending and recording a meeting. Recorders will be required to complete the meeting transcript prior to receiving payment for the work”.
Deadline for persons to indicate their interest is September 11, 2015. For more information, please call Carol Lafrance, Membership Officer, Office of Vital Statistics, Mohawk Council of Akwesasne, Cornwall Island Administration #3, (613) 575-2250 ext. 1011.