ONTARIO MOVING TO STEP THREE OF ‘ROADMAP TO REOPEN’
Due to improvements in key public health areas and health systems, and increased province-wide vaccination rates, Ontario will move to Step Three of its “Roadmap to Reopen” on Friday, July 16, 2021, beginning at 12:01 a.m.
Step Three of the Roadmap to Reopen includes, but is not limited to:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to 100 people, with limited exceptions
- Indoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to 25 people
- Indoor religious services, rites, and ceremonies, including weddings and funerals permitted with physical distancing
- Indoor dining permitted with no limits on the number of patrons per table with physical distancing and other restrictions still in effect
- Indoor sports and recreational fitness facilities to open subject to a maximum of 50% capacity of the indoor space. Capacity for indoor spectators is 50% of the usual seating capacity or 1,000 people, whichever is less. Capacity for outdoor spectators is 75% of the usual seating capacity, or 15,000 people, whichever is less
- Indoor meeting and event spaces permitted to operate with physical distancing and other restrictions still in effect and capacity limited to not exceed 50% capacity or 1,000 people (whichever is less)
- Essential and non-essential retail with capacity limited to the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of 6-feet
- Personal care service, including services requiring the removal of a face covering, with capacity limited to the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of 6-feet
- Museums, galleries, historic sites, aquariums, zoos, landmarks, botanical gardens, science centres, casinos/bingo halls, amusement parks, fairs, and rural exhibitions, festivals, with capacity limited to not exceed 50% capacity indoors and 75% capacity outdoors
- Concert venues, cinemas, and theaters permitted to operate at up to 50% indoors or a maximum of 1,000 people for seated events (whichever is less), up to 75% capacity outdoors or a maximum of 5,000 people for unseated events (whichever is less), and up to 75% capacity outdoors or a maximum of 15,000 people for events with fixed seating (whichever is less)
- Real estate open houses with capacity limited to the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of 6-feet
- Indoor food or drink establishments where dance facilities are provided, including nightclubs and restobars, permitted up to 25% capacity or up to a maximum limit of 250 people (whichever is less)
Face coverings in indoor public settings and physical distancing requirements remain in place throughout Step Three.
For more information, or to review the full Ontario’s Roadmap to Reopen, please visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario.