ONTARIO TO MOVE TO STEP TWO OF ‘ROADMAP TO REOPEN’
Due to improvements in key public health areas and health systems, and increased province-wide vaccination rates, Ontario will move to Step Two of its “Roadmap to Reopen” on Wednesday, June 30, 2021, beginning at 12:01 a.m.
Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen includes, but is not limited to:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to 25 people.
- Larger indoor religious services, rites, or ceremonies, including weddings and funerals at 25 percent capacity.
- Outdoor religious services, rites, and ceremonies, including wedding and funeral services, capped at the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of six (6) feet.
- Indoor religious services, rites, and ceremonies, including weddings and funerals permitted at up to 15 percent capacity of the particular room/space.
- Non-essential retail permitted at 25 percent capacity.
- Essential and other select retail permitted at 50 percent capacity.
- Personal care services where face coverings can be worn at all times at 25 percent capacity.
- Stores and shopping malls open, with restrictions.
- Outdoor dining with up to six (6) people per table, with exceptions for larger households.
- Outdoor amusement and water parks at 25 percent capacity.
- Public Libraries permitted at 25 percent capacity.
- Outdoor fitness classes capped at the number of people who can maintain six (6) feet distance.
- Outdoor sports games, leagues, and events at 25 percent capacity.
- Overnight camps open.
- Outdoor cinemas, performing arts, live music events and attractions at 25 percent capacity.
- Outdoor motor speedways permitted at 25 percent capacity.
- Outdoor attractions such as zoos, landmarks, historic sites, and botanical gardens with capacity and other restrictions.
For more information, or to review the full Ontario’s Roadmap to Reopen, please visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario.