What kind of services do you offer:
The Department of Economic Development is embarking on a path to attract clean business and industry to the Akwesasne Territory as a means to create local employment opportunities and stimulate the Akwesasne economy.
The Department of Economic Development provides assistances to Akwesasronon for business development, business planning, Council owned projects such as Skakarati Sub-division, Alternative Energy Project, Administer Quebec grants AIF, also assistance in some training
- To initiate a community campaign to “Support Akwesasne Businesses” by buying locally.
- To assist people who are expanding or starting a business.
- To assist the community to become more self-sufficient through the creation of a strong economic base.
- To increase tourism and promote Akwesasne to outside consumers and businesses.
- To offer Entrepreneurship informational courses.
- To manage the Peace Tree Mall and Stanley Island Cabins.
- To maintain partnerships with Akwesasne Area Management Board, Ohwista Corporation, Akwesasne Economic Development Agency and Iohahí:io Adult Education.
Programs and Services
- Program Training/Partnerships
- Community Related Projects
- Economic Development Fund Program
- Aboriginal Business Canada
- Resource Access Negotiations
- Community Grants Program
- Opportunity Funds
- Peace Tree Mall
- A’nowara’ko:wa Arena
The Services this program offers are:
- Small Business Grant
- Financial Assistance for Specialized Trades
- Starting and Expanding a Business in Akwesasne
- Akwesasne Business Directory
- Akwesasne Education & Training Handbook
The Business Services officer provides information on the programs and services available to entrepreneurs
- Rental units available to Akwesasne entrepreneurs
- Business Registrations
- Skakarati- Market based housing available
- 12 week entrepreneur course & other workshops
What do I do:
Give us a call to see if we can help you, or drop by our office and talk to us. It is probably a good idea to call us first and set up an appointment so we can make plenty of time to go over what you are looking at doing. You must be a registered member of the Mohawks of Akwesasne and if you are to get financial assistance you must be in good standing with the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne
Where do I go:
We are located across from the AMS school in the district of Kawehnoke.
101 Tewasateni Road, CIA #III,
Akwesasne, Ontario, K6H 5R7
Phone: (613) 575-2348
Fax: (613) 575-2884 Ext. 1052
Open: 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday