The Mohawk Council Housing Authority is established to develop and implement a fair and equitable housing policy and to ensure that the members of the Akwesasne community have equal access to affordable and quality housing.
- To construct new quality, affordable and completed houses.
- To protect and extend the life of existing houses.
- To provide job creation and business development.
- To lower backlog of applicants requiring housing.
- To ensure funding of programs carry on into the future.
Programs and Services
- Section 95 Program (Rentals)
- Repair Program
- Construction Assistance Program
- Home Adaptations for Seniors Independence
- Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP)
- Upgrading Program
- Bank of Montreal – On-Reserve Housing Loan Program
- Maintenance Program
Acting Director: Charmaine Caldwell
Contact Info: 613-575-2250 • Ext. 2303