Quebec Compensatory Work Program
Quebec Compensatory Work Program is eligible—
- Within the province of Quebec who has a sentence connected to a fine amount over $25,000.00;
- Open to adults unable to pay their fines the opportunity to be involved in the community while working off their debt by working for non-profit organizations giving municipal and provincial courts an alternative way to manage cases that are difficult to collect;
- Participants perform different kinds of tasks for free for one of the program’s partners, which include food banks, parishes, soup kitchen’s, recreations, and other non-profit organizations.
The person who agrees to carry out Compensatory Work must respect certain rules.
- Contact the Community Service Monitor(CSM) for notices in the mail (either French or English)
- The CSM will notify the Fine Collector in Valleyfield, QC by email and see if the person would be eligible for payment arrangements or compensatory work
- The Fine Collector will send a letter to the applicant and the CSM with the documents needed
- List of documents required
- Copy of your last income tax returns and notices of assessment
- Copy of a document proving owner ship of your residence or copy of the lease of your dwelling
- Copy of your bank statements for the last four months
- A financial profile from each institution you deal with
- Copy of your last pay stub if you are employed, or a statement of any other income
- A budget of your monthly expenses
- The Fine Collector will send an Affidavit of Service for the person to sign and return to the agency within a specified amount of time
- Once the Affidavit is signed we wait for the official Order stating that you have been accepted into the program
- A formal agreement is sent to the CSM from the Centre de Benevolat de la Riv-Sud stating how many hours need to be completed within a certain amount of time.
- Once the official Order has been received the CSM will contact the person for placement in Akwesasne.
- All converted hours of Compensatory Work depend on the amount of the Fine. This schedule must be followed and must be adhered to.
- The CSM may request for more time to complete the hours but would need valid reasons for this to be granted.
For more information about this program please do not hesitate to contact the Community Service Monitor by phone at 613-575-5000 extension 2408.