AKWESASNE COURT SESSION GUIDELINES
The following guidelines have been established for anyone attending the September 9 Court Session.
To all individuals who have any matters in the Akwesasne Court and or a summons to appear (traffic tickets, adjournment letter) on September 9, 2020:
- YOU MUST WEAR A MASK UPON ENTERING THE BUILDING, HAND SANITIZER WILL BE AVAILABLE UPON ENTRY. Prepare to be screened upon arrival, sign in on the Court sign-in sheet.
- Court Session starts at 6:00 p.m. If you need to speak to the Duty Counsel or enter an early resolution agreement, arrive early – Duty Counsel is available starting at 4:00 p.m.
- You will be instructed to wait outside the door or in your vehicle. You will be called when it’s your turn.
- Please attend Court alone, do not bring anyone who does not have any matters before the Court.
- Once the Court Session starts, only four (4) individuals will be allowed in the courtroom at a time. You will be taken in the order you sign in. Please be patient, we are all working together to get you in and out efficiently.
- If you wish to plead guilty to your infraction and want to pay the fine, you may do so at any time before the September court date.
If you have any questions regarding the September 9 Court Session, please feel free to contact the Akwesasne Court/Court Clerk at 613-575-2250 ext. 1026.