AMPS COVID-19 RESPONSE
In response to the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) pandemic, the Akwesasne Mohawk Police Service (AMPS) is making adjustments to ensure continued service to the community of Akwesasne. As a result, AMPS will implement some temporary measures for the safety of our community and staff members.
• Based on present information provided by health officials, the Akwesasne Mohawk Police Service is asking the public to refrain from attending the police station for non-emergency services. If you require further information, please call the Akwesasne Mohawk Police non-emergency number at (613) 575-2340. For emergency calls, please contact Central Dispatch at (613) 575-2000.
• In order to limit contact with the public and to mitigate potential spread of COVID-19, the Akwesasne Mohawk Police may process service calls over the telephone instead of having an officer attend. This decision will be made on a case-by-case basis.
• The communication dispatchers may ask a series of questions related to COVID-19 health risks prior to an officer attending a call for service. All police personnel have been issued Personal Protective Equipment when interacting with anyone displaying signs of illness related to the coronavirus disease.
• The safety of the community will remain our top priority. Akwesasne Mohawk Police Service will continue to provide essential services to all emergency and non-emergency calls.
• For additional information on services within the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne, please contact the Emergency Operation Center (EOC) at (613) 575-5005 or (613) 575-2331.
• By limiting person to person contact, you are doing your part to reduce exposure and help slow the spread of COVID-19. We ask for your cooperation at this time. Nia:wen.