CALL OUT FOR MCA FINANCE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne is currently filling four (4) vacant seats on the Finance Committee:
- One (1) vacant seat for the district of Kana:takon, with a term of not less than three (3) years
- One (1) vacant seat for the district of Kawehno:ke, with a term of not less than three (3) years
- One (1) vacant seat for the district of Tsi Snaihne, with a term of not less than three (3) years
- One (1) vacant seat for a member at large, with term of not less than three (3) years
The Finance Committee is established to provide Council with advice and recommendations in order to support Council’s decision-making process respecting the Financial Administration of Akwesasne. In the spirit of transparency, accountability and integrity the Finance Committee shall assist Council with safeguarding community assets by ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
The Honorarium rate for this position is determined by Council’s Honorarium Policy, which is $25-hourly for meetings, and training related sessions.
To qualify for appointment for the position, a person must:
- be a Member;
- have knowledge of Mohawk cultures and traditions;
- have good character, credibility and reputation in the Akwesasne community;
- have good communication skills;
- Shall be independent from the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne
- Shall have Financial Competency
- be “in good standing” as defined in the Akwesasne Good Standing Policy;
- not be a Council member of the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne; the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Council; or, the Mohawk Nation Council of Chiefs;
- not be an employee of the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne
- produce a valid certificate from the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC);
- have the means to participate in Finance committee whether it be held in person or in a virtual setting;
- attend and actively participate in training deemed essential for the successful operation of the Finance Committee;
- attend regularly scheduled Finance Committee meetings to conduct business and attend Public Meetings as scheduled;
- sign the Oath of Appointment within 30 days of appointment.
Interested candidates are required to complete an Mohawk Council of Akwesasne, Finance Committee Application, which is available at MCA, Executive Services (Administration 1 Building). Candidates are also required to submit a letter of interest on how they meet the criteria established in the Finance Committee Charter.
All interested individuals are asked to submit a completed package no later than Monday, August 9, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. If you have any questions regarding this community notice or which to submit a Mohawk Council of Akwesasne Finance Committee Application please contact:
Executive Director, Heather Phillips
PO Box 90
Akwesasne, QC H0M 1A0
(613) 575-2250 ext. 2120