Callout for Akwesasne Health Board Representatives
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne’s Department of Health is seeking three (3) community representatives to sit on the Akwesasne Health Board 2019-2020 FY; one (1) member from Kana:takon District; One (1) member from the Kawehno:ke District and One (1) member from the Tsi Snaihne District.
To qualify for appointment to the Akwesasne Advisory Health Board a person must:
- Be a registered member of Akwesasne or immediately eligible to be registered as a member under the Akwesasne Membership code (does not include probationary members);
- have knowledge of Mohawk cultures and traditions;
- have good character, credibility and reputation in the Akwesasne community;
- Not be convicted of an indictable offense in Canada or a felony in the United States within 5 years prior to their appointment;
- Reside in the District for which they were appointed, unless otherwise approved by the Board;
- Have an adequate educational background or experience in the health field and possess an interest in health issues. For the youth representative, an interest in health issues satisfies this criterion;
- Must not be an employee of the Department of Health.
Honorarium set by MCR guidelines for appointed Akwesasne Health Board members.
If interested please submit a letter of interest, outlining your qualifications and interest to email@example.com or by dropping off your letter at the Kanonhkwat’sheri:io Health Facility, Attention: Department of Health Administration.
For more information or to pick up a Terms of Reference package, please contact Department of Health Administration office at 613-575-2341 ext. 3300.
DEADLINE: January 31, 2019 before 5:00 p.m.