CALLOUT FOR FINANCE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne is currently filling four (4) vacant seats on the Finance Committee:
- One (1) vacant seat for the district of Kana:takon, with a term of not less than three (3) years
- One (1) vacant seat for the district of Kawehno:ke, with a term of not less than three (3) years
- One (1) vacant seat for the district of Tsi Snaihne, with a term of not less than three (3) years
- One (1) vacant seat for a member at large, with term of not less than three (3) years
The Finance Committee is established to provide Council with advice and recommendations in order to support Council’s decision-making process respecting the Financial Administration of Akwesasne, in line with the Akwesasne Financial Administration Law which came into effect September 1, 2019. In the spirit of transparency, accountability and integrity the Finance Committee shall assist Council with safeguarding community assets by ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
The Honorarium rate for this position is determined by Council’s Honorarium Policy.
Candidate Criteria include, but not limited to;
- Be a Member;
- Have good character, credibility and reputation in the Akwesasne community;
- Shall be independent from the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne
- Shall have Financial Competency
- Be “in good standing” as defined in the Akwesasne Good Standing Policy;
- Not be a Council member of the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne; the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Council; or, the Mohawk Nation Council of Chiefs;
- Not be an employee of the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne
- Produce a valid certificate from the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC);
- Sign the Oath of Appointment within 30 days of appointment.
Candidates are required to complete an MCA Finance Committee Application, available in the Executive Services Office (Administration 1 Building). Candidates are also required to submit a letter of interest on how they meet the criteria established in the Finance Committee Charter.
All interested individuals are asked to submit a completed package no later than Friday, November 26, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. Submission and application contact:
Chelsea Francis, Government Support Manager
PO Box 90
Akwesasne, QC H0M 1A0
(613) 575-2250 ext. 2164
*INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED*