COMMUNITY HEALTH PROGRAM PROVIDES UPDATE ON COVID-19
The Community Health Program is providing the community with updated information regarding COVID-19. An increasing number of cases of COVID-19 have been reported in the surrounding communities of Akwesasne.
IF YOU’RE FEELING SICK, STAY HOME
If you are feeling sick or having COVID-19 symptoms, stay home to prevent transmission to others. You should only leave your home to seek testing or medical care, if required.
You should stay home until ALL of the following apply to you:
- Your symptoms have been improving for at least 24 hours (or 48 hours if you had nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea)
- You do not have a fever
- You do not develop any additional symptoms
If you’ve experienced symptoms and your symptoms are improving, and you are no longer isolating at home, the following can provide extra protection against the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory viruses circulating in the community. For 10 days after your symptoms started:
- Wear a tight-fitting, well-constructed mask in all public settings
- Avoid non-essential activities where you need to take off your mask (dining out, attending gatherings, etc.)
- Avoid non-essential visits to anyone who is immunocompromised or may be at higher risk of illness (seniors, etc.)
- Avoid non-essential visits to highest risk setting in the community, such as hospitals and long-term care homes
To complete the COVID-19 self-assessment, please visit www.ontario.ca/self-assessment.
For more information on How to Self-Isolate, please visit www.publichealthontario.ca.
Please continue to wash your hands often and to cover your cough/sneeze to avoid the spread of germs and viruses.
If you have any questions, or require more information, on COVID-19, symptoms, or self-isolation, please contact the Community Health Program at 613-575-2341 ext. 3220.