COMMUNITY CALL OUT FOR MOHAWK COUNCIL HOUSING AUTHORITY
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne is seeking three community members to sit on the Mohawk Council Housing Authority. These individuals will represent the community’s perspective and interests on the Housing Authority, which is also made up of MCA staff and chiefs.
One representative from each district (Kana:takon, Kawehno:ke, and Tsi Snaihne) is being sought. The community representatives will be expected to attend regular Housing Authority meetings every fourth Wednesday of the month from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. No honorariums or remunerations will be offered for this position.
As per the Housing Authority Charter:
- Community representatives are chosen through an informal selection process undertaken by the Associate Director and three Portfolio Chiefs.
- Community representatives must be 18 years of age or older and be enrolled on the Akwesasne Membership rolls, and reside within the Territory of the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne.
- Community representatives are selected on the basis of their good character and reputation in the community, as well as their interest in housing issues.
- Individuals who are directly or indirectly involved in any facet of housing construction are not eligible for membership.
- If there is a lack of interest from the community, there will be no community representation on the Housing Authority.
Community members interested in representing any of the three (3) districts must submit a letter of interest to the:
Mohawk Council of Akwesasne
Dept. of Infrastructure, Housing, & Environment – Housing Sector
101 Tewesateni Road
Akwesasne, ON K6H 0G5
Deadline to apply is July 23, 2021 at 4 p.m. If you have any questions, please contact Housing at 613-575-2250 ext. 1053.