DOH CONTINUES TO FOLLOW EOHU GUIDELINES
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne’s Department of Health (DOH) has been informed of the recent announcement from the US Center for Disease Control (CDC), indicating fully-vaccinated individuals would be able to socially gather amongst other vaccinated people, without masks or social distancing. MCA falls under the Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU), and will continue to follow their guidance regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, and the health protocols that the EOHU has put forth:
- Social distance of 6-feet/2-meters
- Limit close contact to your household (people you live with)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Stay or work from home as much as possible, and avoid non-essential outings
- Wear a mask when out in public or out of your household
- Get tested for COVID-19 if symptoms develop, or if you’ve been notified of an exposure
For more information on EOHU’s COVID-19 response, and the public health guidelines they have recommended, visit their website at www.eohu.ca.
DOH is proud that many community members in both portions of Akwesasne are opting to receive the vaccine. While the number of vaccinated community members rises, MCA will continue to mandate the wearing of masks and socially distancing up to six feet when out in public or when engaging with people not in your household bubble, and strongly discourage gathering with people who don’t reside within your household, even if people have been fully vaccinated. Continuing to follow public health protocols will greatly assist in stopping the COVID-19 pandemic in our community.
The COVID-19 vaccine is greatly assisting to stop/slow the COVID-19 spread in our community. To pre-register for the upcoming community vaccine clinics, please call 613-575-2341 ext. 3219 or 3247.