IAKHIHSOHTHA LODGE VISITATION PROCEDURES UPDATE
Iakhihsohtha Lodge is providing the following updates to its Visitation Procedures. Due to circumstances beyond their control, Iakhihsohtha Lodge continues to suspend visits to Essential Caregivers. Staff at the facility are working diligently to resume Essential Caregiver visitations as soon as possible. A major component of care is the residents’ emotional well-being, which includes visits with their loved ones.
Iakhihsohtha will be resuming outdoor visits on Wednesday, June 16, 2021, for Essential Caregivers and other family members. Visitations will take place Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Visitation hours will remain in effect until a directive from the Ministry of Health provides increased, or decreased, visitation hours.
All long-term care (LTC) facilities must be responsible for supporting their residents in receiving visitors, while mitigating the risks of exposure to the COVID-19 virus. To ensure the health and safety of residents and staff, the following procedures MUST be followed:
- Must be screened for COVID-19 prior to visit.
- If a resident is in isolation, symptomatic, or the home is in outbreak status, only Essential Caregivers will be allowed for outdoor visits
- Only two (2) visitors per resident will be permitted for visitation. Visitors must call and set up an appointment 24 hours in advance for visitation, by calling the facility at 613-575-2507 ext. 3 or by emailing Sue Smoke at email@example.com.
- Must follow physical distancing, hand hygiene, and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- General visitors must wear a mask, cloth masks are acceptable.
- Outdoor visits will be limited to 30 minutes, once per week. If weather doesn’t permit outdoor visits, outdoor visits will be cancelled for that day.
- Failure to comply with the Ministry of Health’s guidelines can and will result in cancellation of that particular persons visiting privilege.
As the Ministry of Health continues to progress and provide updates to LTC visitations, Iakhihsohtha Lodge will continue to keep our residents’ families and the community updated. Should you have any questions regarding the visitation procedures being implemented, please call 613-575-2507.