KANONHKWA’TSHERI:IO ENTRANCE & SERVICE PROCEDURES
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne’s Department of Health (DOH) is reminding the community about the entrance procedures when accessing services at the Kanonhkwa’tsheri:io Health Facility. Due to COVID-19, the health facility’s entrance procedures need to be adhered to, as we strive to maintain the health and safety of our community and staff members.
When arriving at Kanonhkwatsheri:io for your appointment, please follow the guidelines listed:
- Schedule your appointment with your provider, who will do a COVID-19 screening over the phone.
- When arriving at Kanonhkwatsheri:io, please park in the designated parking spots (#1-15). Please arrive on time for your appointment. Should you arrive early, please remain in your vehicle.
- Call your provider to notify them of your arrival at 613-575-2341. Inform them of the make and model of your vehicle, and the numbered spot in which you are parked. Do not wait in the waiting area inside the facility. Please remain in your vehicle until your service provider has informed you to enter or has come outside to greet you and escort you into the building.
- When entering the facility, you will be screened for COVID-19 at the reception area. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you answer the screening questions HONESTLY AND TRUTHFULLY.
- You will be escorted by your provider to your scheduled appointment.
- Only one patient will be allowed in the facility at a time, however, if the patient requires assistance, they may be accompanied by ONE support person/parent/guardian.
- When entering the health facility, wearing a mask is REQUIRED. Please maintain social distance of 6-feet from others around you.
Upon completion of your appointment, please wait to be escorted back out to your vehicle. Please don’t loiter or visit within the facility, as we are ensuring a healthy, safe environment for our community members and staff.