MCA CALLOUT FOR YOUTH COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne would like to appoint six (6) youth council representatives (two per district), to represent the community of Akwesasne.
The membership of the Akwesasne Youth Council shall consist of representatives, with a goal of equal gender composition, and staggered terms of two to three years. In order to be eligible to represent the Mohawks of Akwesasne, applicants must:
- Be enrolled or have an active applicant to be a Member of the Mohawk of Akwesasne, pursuant to the Akwesasne Membership Code;
- Be between the age of 18-29 at the time of appointment;
- Reside in one of the three districts of Akwesasne: Kawehno:ke, Kana:takon or Tsi Snaihne;
- Must pass a Criminal Reference Check (CPIC) prior to appointment and not be convicted of any criminal charges during appointment term;
- Possess or be pursuing a high school diploma or general equivalency degree;
- Must be prepared to identify their vision and goals for Akwesasne youth.
Responsibilities in Accordance to the Terms of Reference:
- Share ideas and issues, recommendations and/or solutions with MCA;
- Liaise with Grand Chief and Council on a regular and as needed basis
- Be committed to being a positive role model and promote a positive lifestyle;
- Be respectful to all;
- Support and work with Akwesasne youth initiatives.
Please be advised there are additional responsibilities in accordance to the Terms of Reference. Individuals selected will be appointed as MCA Youth Representative through a Mohawk Council Resolution for a two to three-year term.
Interested individuals are invited to submit their letter of interest and resume to Zarah Pimentel at firstname.lastname@example.org by mail/in person to the Mohawk Government Offices located in the Admin. 1 Building at 12 Akwesasne St, Akwesasne, QC H0M 1A0. This posting is open until filled.
For further information or if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Mohawk Government offices at (613) 575-2250 ext. 2160.