MCA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH COMMUNITY UPDATE (MARCH 23, 2020)
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne’s Department of Health is working tirelessly to ensure that essential programs and services continue to be delivered to the community. As a preventative measure to protect our community and our staff, we are strongly discouraging any and all activities that would allow for community and people to congregate; for example, social gatherings of 50 people or more within the community. Public Health Ontario has provided free, public resources on self-isolation, self-monitoring, and more. Visit their website at: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/diseases-and-conditions/infectious-diseases/respiratory-diseases/novel-coronavirus/public-resources.
• Proxim Pharmacy now has curbside service available at Kanonhkwa’tsheri:io, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you are sick, they ask that you please call ahead to make arrangements at 613-575-1160 or 613-575-2341 – ext. 3250, 3234.
• Wholistic Health and Wellness Mental Health will have staff available to offer assistance for mental health crisis and support for community members and staff at 844-244-1060.
• Please be advised that access to the Kanonhkwa’tsheri:io Health Facility is limited to MCA employees only. Please call the front desk at 613-575-2341 and your call will be directed accordingly.
• Akwesasne Dental Clinic is closed until further notice, and in the event of a dental emergency please contact 613-935-5516.
• Home Care/Home Support hours have changed to: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Department of Health Administration meets consistently with their programs, providers, and the Emergency Operation Center team to ensure service delivery is maintained for our community.
• Katelyn Fedorak and Janet Brant, NP will be seeing patients at the Kawehno:ke Medical Clinic on an urgent care only basis.
• Dr. Danielle Dubec’s Optometry Office is also closed until further notice.
• Akwesasne Medical Clinic & Kawehno:ke Medical Clinic are not receiving any walk–in clients at this time; access to both medical clinics will be limited. Appointments with providers will be on an as needed basis, dependent on the phone triage screening and discretion. If you have any health concerns, please call the clinics prior to visiting.
• Dr. Horn’s Medical Clinic is cancelled at Iakhihsohtha until further notice.
• Physiotherapy will be cancelled until further notice.
• Dr. Saylor — pediatric appointments will be cancelled until further notice.
• Dr. Levac will be providing telephone follow-ups for upcoming appointments only.
• Dr. Torres — appointments at the Kawehno:ke Medical Clinic will be cancelled until further notice.
• Dr. Funnell — appointments at the Kawehno:ke Medical Clinic will be cancelled until further notice.
Kawehno:ke Medical Clinic – (613) 575-2341 ext. 1110 or (613) 932-5808
Akwesasne Medical Clinic – (613) 575-2341 ext. 3215
Wholistic Health & Wellness Crisis Line – (844) 244-1060