MCA MONITORING 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS
The 2019 Novel Coronavirus situation is actively being monitored by the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne. At the moment, the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the public health risk associated with the virus as low.
MCA’s departments are working collaboratively to ensure that we are sharing updates as they become available, and taking the necessary steps to ensure the safety of the community. At this time, no changes are required to our daily activities.
The Eastern Ontario Health Unit recommends that you use the same precautions as you regularly use to prevent the spread of viral infections, such as:
• Frequently wash your hands with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just washed your hands
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your arm, not your hand
• Stay home if you are sick
Additional information and regular updates regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus can be found on the following websites:
• Eastern Ontario Health Unit: www.eohu.ca.
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
• World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/
• Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health.html
If you need additional assistance or information regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, please contact the MCA Department of Health at 613-575-2341.