MCA REPORTS ONE NEW POSITIVE CASE OF COVID-19
For Immediate Release
Ohiarihko:wa/July 20, 2021
Ohiarihko:wa/July 20, 2021
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne’s Community Health Program reports ONE (1) new positive case of
COVID-19 in the northern portion of the community, as of July 20, 2021.
Current COVID-19 Statistics for the Northern Portion of Akwesasne:
New Positive Cases: 1
Current Active: 1
Total Cases: 359
There have been no further COVID-19 related fatalities
The Department of Health would like to remind the community that we need your assistance to slow/stop the
spread of COVID-19 by strictly adhering to the public health measures that have been put in place. Wash and
sanitize hands frequently, wear a mask/face covering when out in public, and maintain six feet of distance
from anyone outside your household.
Community Health is announcing the following vaccine clinics:
• July 21, 2021: Moderna – By Appointment – Kanonhkwatsheriio Health Facility – 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
• July 28, 2021: PVizer – By Appointment – Kawehnoke Medical Clinic – 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
• August 11, 2021: Moderna – By Appointment – Kanonhkwatsheriio Health Facility – 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
• August 18, 2021: PVizer – By Appointment – Kanonhkwatsheriio Health Facility – 10 a.m. – 12p.m.
If you’re experiencing any of the symptoms below within the last 72 hours without a known cause, please
stay home. Do not go to work or visit others:
Fever >37.8 C or 100.04 F
• New onset of cough
• Worsening chronic cough
• Shortness of breath
• Difficulty breathing
• Sore throat
• Difficulty swallowing
• Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
• Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias)
• Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
• Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
• Runny nose/nasal congestion without a known cause
If you’ve been tested for COVID-19, and are awaiting your results, please stay in isolation until you’ve
been advised by a healthcare professional.
If you need to be tested for COVID-19, please make an appointment with MCA’s Community Health Program
by calling 613-575-2341 ext.3220. Community members can also access free testing through the Saint Regis
Mohawk Tribe. Check their website, www.srmt-nsn.gov, for testing dates.
If you have been directed to isolate/quarantine due to exposure, or are awaiting your COVID-19 rest results,
you can contact the Community in Quarantine Program to receive essential supplies and necessities at 613-
575-2130 (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) or 800-480-4208 (after hours/weekends/holidays). Please note
that the Community in Quarantine services are not available to those quarantining from recent travel or vacation.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the MCA website at: www.akwesasne.ca/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-