NON-INSURED HEALTH PROGRAM PROVIDES CRITERIA FOR CUSTOM-MADE FOOT ORTHOTICS
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne’s Non-Insured Health Benefit Program (ANIHB) is informing the community that custom-made foot orthotics are a benefit provided through their program. Pre-approval is required in order to be eligible through ANIHB.
Please note: each client is allowed one (1) pair every two (2) years.
When a request for custom-made foot orthotics comes in to NIHB, staff will ensure the client’s request meets the following criteria:
- Must be prescribed by any of the following:
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Nurse Practitioner
- The foot orthotic must be provided by one of the following:
- Certified orthotist
- Certified Prosthetist Orthotist
- “Technicien en orthèses et prothèses” certified by the Canadian Board for the Certification of Prosthetists and Orthotists (CBCPO) or by “l’ordre des technologues professionnels du Québec (OTPQ)” (Quebec only)
- Podiatrist (doctor of podiatric medicine)
- Chiropodist registered with provincial or territorial regulatory bodies
- Canadian Certified Pedorthist
- Certified Pedorthist or BOC Pedorthist (BOCPD) registered with the Pedorthic Footcare Association (PFA) Canadian chapter
If you have any questions regarding any NIHB benefits, or to ensure your out-of-pocket expense is reimbursable, please contact their office at 613-575-2341 ext. 3340, and speak to a Benefit Analyst, who will advise on benefit coverage. Failure to do so may result in non-payment to the individual.