ONTARIO MOVES TO STEP ONE OF THE ROADMAP TO REOPEN
Due to improvements in key public health areas and health systems, and increased province-wide vaccination rates, Ontario has moved to Step One of its Roadmap to Reopen as of Friday, June 11, 2021 at 12:01 a.m.
Step One of the Roadmap to Reopen includes, but is not limited to:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to 10 people
- Outdoor religious services, rites, or ceremonies, including weddings and funerals, capped at the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of six (6) feet.
- Indoor religious services, rites, and ceremonies, including weddings and funerals permitted at up to 15 percent capacity of the particular room/space.
- Non-essential retail permitted at 15 percent capacity, with no restrictions on the goods that can be sold
- Essential and other select retail permitted at 25 percent capacity, with no restrictions on the goods that can be sold
- Outdoor dining with up to four (4) people per table, with exceptions for larger households
- Outdoor fitness classes, outdoor groups in personal training and outdoor individual/team sports training to be permitted with up to 10 people, among other restrictions
- Day camps for children permitted to operate in a manner consistent with the safety guidelines for COVID-19 produced by the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health
- Overnight camping at campgrounds and campsites, including Ontario Parks, and short-term rentals
- Concert venues, theaters and cinemas may open to outdoors for the purpose of rehearsing or performing a recorded/broadcast concert, artistic event, theatrical performance or other performance with no more than 10 performers, among other restrictions
- Outdoor motor speedways permitted to operate without spectators
- Outdoor attractions such as zoos, landmarks, historic sites, and botanical gardens with capacity and other restrictions.
For more information, or to review the full Ontario’s Roadmap to Reopen, please visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario.