REMINDER OF PROCESS FOR ENTERING MCA BUILDINGS
In order to protect each other, staff and community members, from COVID-19, there are measures in place at Mohawk Council of Akwesasne buildings. These procedures include:
• A temperature check. A temperature of 100.0 °F or higher is considered a fever and you may not enter our buildings. A temperature lower than 100.0 is not considered a fever. Please note this temperature was recently reduced from the previous guidelines of 100.4.
• A health screening. If you answer yes to any of the questions about travel, symptoms, or exposure to a confirmed case of COVID-19, you may not enter.
• COVID-19 testing screening question: You will be asked if you or anyone in your household are awaiting test results for COVID-19. If yes, you may not enter.
• Wearing of a mask at all times in public spaces, unless the program you are visiting has arrangements for six feet of distance. Masks must be worn by anyone moving about the buildings. Staff may be permitted to remove masks when seated/working at their own workspace/office/desk only.
MCA prohibits anyone experiencing sickness or cold and flu symptoms from entering our buildings. Please contact the MCA Community Health Program for advisement if you are sick with any COVID-19 symptoms, which could include:
• New/worsening cough
• Shortness of breath
• Sore throat
• Difficulty swallowing
• Decrease or loss of sense or taste of smell
• Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches
• Nausea/vomiting/diarrhea/abdominal pain
• Pink eye
• Runny nose/nasal congestion without a known cause (such as seasonal allergies)
• In children: Croup or Multisystem inflammatory vasculitis
If you have any questions about these procedures or requirements, please contact the MCA Community Health Program at 613-575-2341 ext. 3220.
Remember, we are all in this together.