ROAD CLOSURES ANTICIPATED FOR FIBRE CONSTRUCTION IN KANA:TAKON
April 1, 2021
On behalf of MCA’s Department of Economic Development, we are informing you that there is an anticipated road closure temporarily scheduled in the District of Kana:takon to undergo directional drilling to place conduit underground. This conduit will house High-Speed Internet fibre cables that will service the Northern Portion of Akwesasne.
We want to assure you that we are taking every measure possible to alleviate any major interruptions and we anticipate that the construction, identified on the map with a dotted green line, will take approximately four to five business days, but may result in longer road closures due to unexpected circumstances. We will take every precaution necessary to ensure interruptions are minimal. We will keep the community up to date on any potential delays.
What to expect:
- Local and Non-Local contractors including: DTC Construction, Directbore, and Ontario East
- Road closure one section at a time along the dotted green line with the map attached (southeastern part of the village).
- Only local traffic will be permitted through; if a resident lives in a closed area, residents will be permitted to enter and exit the road
- Potential noise pollution due the machinery being used
- Work hours (approximately) 7:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Anticipated Start and End date: April 1 to April 7, 2021
We will begin taking pre-registrations for high speed internet connections for Kana:takon starting in the next month. We want to thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dept. of Economic Development Director Kylee Tarbell by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (613) 577-7265.