TSIIONKWANONHSO:TE LTC VISITATION PROCEDURES UPDATE
The Tsiionkwanonhso:te Long-Term Care (LTC) facility has received notice from the Ministry of Health is supporting the advancement of visitations for Essential Caregivers and other family members to outdoor visitations. A major component of care is the residents’ emotional well-being, which includes visits with loved ones. Tsiionkwanonhso:te is announcing the rules and regulations that are in place that need to be followed to ensure the safety and health of our residents and staff.
Effective June 9, 2021, outdoor visitations with Essential Caregivers and other family member will take place on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday between the hours of 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. These visitation hours will remain in effect until a directive from the Ministry of Health provides increased or decreased visitation hours. All LTC facilities and homes must be responsible for supporting its residents in receiving visitors, while at the same time mitigating the risks of exposure to the COVID-19 virus. Visitors MUST consider their personal health and susceptibility to the virus as a determining factor on whether a visit to the LTC’s is appropriate.
The following procedures must be followed when visiting the Tsiionkwanonhso:te LTC:
- Must be screened for COVID-19 prior to visit
- If a resident is in isolation, symptomatic, or the home is in outbreak status, Essential Caregivers are the only visitors allowed.
- All Essential Caregivers must show proof of being fully vaccinated. Non-vaccinated visitors will be provided outdoor visitations only.
- Only two (2) visitors per resident will be permitted for visitation. Visitors must call and set up an appointment 24 hours in advance, for either indoor or outdoor visitation, by calling the facility, or emailing Teresa David (email@example.com).
- Must follow physical distancing, hand hygiene, and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- General visitors are encouraged to wear a cloth mask or face covering for indoor visits; eye covering for outdoor visits is not necessary if fully vaccinated.
- Tsiionkwanonhso:te will provide the Antigen test to staff, Essential Caregivers, and visitors, as necessary.
- Outdoor visits will be limited to 30 minutes, once per week.
- Failure to comply with the Ministry of Health’s guidelines can and will result in cancellation of that particular persons visiting privilege.
As the Ministry of Health continues to progress and provide updates to LTC visitations, Tsiionkwanonhso:te LTC will continue to keep our residents’ families and the community updated. Should you have any questions regarding the visitation procedure being implemented, please call 613-932-1409.