UPDATE ON LIMITED SERVICES
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne will be closed for the next two weeks to non-essential services due to the rising cases of COVID-19. To see an updated list of operational, restricted or temporarily suspended programs and services, please visit http://www.akwesasne.ca/mca-operational-programs-services/.
In addition, the following are updates from MCA programs:
• Akwesasne Court – The court session scheduled for November 4, 2020 is postponed. Other Akwesasne Justice Department programs and services are providing limited services and staff can continue to be contacted through their extensions.
• Community Health Program immunizations are temporarily suspended.
• Ahkwesahsne Mohawk Board of Educationis transitioning to remote learning for two weeks.
• Akwesasne Child Care Program is open to children whose parents are essential workers only.
• The Wholistic Health & Wellness Program continues to provide services to the Akwesasne community, these services are streamlined but include: Addictions, and Mental Health, Clinics, as well as Physical therapy. Some additional but limited services in the areas of prevention and traditional medicines. Staff are transitioning in these departments to working from home if at all possible the mental health, counseling for addictions and clinics remain as operational with services being streamlined and being transitioned to remote, and virtual, and physical therapy remains an option for community members.
• Tsiionkwanonhso:te has temporarily suspended visits for the safety of residents.
• Mohawk Government is not open to visitors but staff can be contacted by email and phone.
• The Community Support Program continues to operate full time. Anyone under the jurisdiction of Mohawk Council of Akwesasne who might be eligible for this year’s 2020-2021 Akwesasne Heating Assistance Program and has not been contacted by the Community Support Program as of yet, please contact our office as soon as possible. We are making every effort to reach out to as many people as we are able to, but might miss some wishing to apply, so please contact us if you haven’t heard from us. We are taking applications over the phone only, so please call (613) 575-2341 ext. 3262 and someone will be pleased to assist you in applying for the heating assistance. The deadline to apply will be December 4, 2020.
• The Human Resources Office is closed to visitors but can be reached via email and phone at email@example.com, 613-575-2250 Ext, 2145 or 2146.
• The Akwesasne Non-Insured Health Benefits Program is operational and open Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Medical Transportation is prioritizing essential appointments only (ie: Dialysis, Heart Institute, Cancer Centres). Please call 2 weeks in advance in the event we have a driver available we will make every attempt to book these clients pending driver availability.
The following external programs are still operational:
• Akwesasne Dental Clinic
• Proxim Pharmacy (Curbside Pickup)
• Dr. Dubuc’s Optometry Clinic
Please contact MCA at 613-575-2250 if you have any questions regarding services. Nia:wenkowa.