DOH PROVIDES EASTER HOLIDAY CLOSURE RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne’s (MCA) Department of Health is providing the community with resources and information for services during MCA’s holiday closure April 15th – April 18th. Most of MCA’s programs will be closed, with the exception of 24-hour facilities. The AhkwesaHsne Mohawk Board of Education (AMBE) schools and services will also be closed for the holiday weekend during this time.
- Mental Health Crisis Hotline: 1-866-996-0991
- NYS Mental Health Crisis Line: 315-265-2422
- Suicide Crisis Services Canada: 833-456-4566
- Hope for Wellness: 855-242-3310
- St. Lawrence Psychiatric Center (Ogdensburg): 315-541-2001
Emergency Telephone Numbers
- Akwesasne Mohawk Ambulance: 613-575-2000
- Akwesasne Mohawk Police Services (AMPS): 613-575-2000
- Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Police: 518-358-9200
- Massena Memorial Hospital: 315-764-1711
- Kid Help Line: 800-668-6868
- Akwesasne Family Wellness Program (24 Hour Hotline): 613-937-4322
- MCA Community in Quarantine Program (After Hours): 613-577-6556
- Emergency Operations Center: 613-575-5005, 613-575-2331, 613-577-6556, 613-551-9973
- Telehealth Ontario: 866-797-0000 or 866-797-0007 (toll free)
With positive cases of COVID-19 on the rise in and around the Akwesasne community, the Department of Health is reminding community members to follow the public health guidance that have been put in place: wear a mask when gathering with people not in your household, practice social distancing, and to wash/sanitize hands frequently.
If any community member has tested positive for COVID-19 during the holiday closure, please contact the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) at 613-577-6556 or 613-551-9973. EOC staff will record your positive result and advise you on your next steps. If you are in need of emergency food packages due to COVID-19 quarantine during the holiday weekend, the EOC can arrange a delivery from #9 Convenience Store for you.
For more information on any mental health, medical, or emergency services that are available during the holiday weekend, please contact the Wholistic Health & Wellness Program at 613-575-2341 ext. 3100 prior to the holiday closure.