MCA DOH ESSENTIAL SERVICES AND CONTACT INFORMATION
MCA Planned Office Closure May 18-22, 2020
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne’s Department of Health is preparing for the office closure that is planned for the organization the week of May 18-22, 2020. This closure is needed to complete major renovations and update essential equipment.
The MCA Department of Health is notifying the community of the operational status and contact numbers for the essential programs and services that will be operating during the closure.
• Akwesasne Mohawk Ambulance will remain operational – if you are experiencing a medical emergency contact them through Emergency Dispatch at 613-575-2000.
• Tsiionkwanonhso:te Longterm Care Facility will remain operational – to contact the facility directly call 613-932-1409.
• Iakhihsohtha Lodge will remain operational – to contact the facility directly call 613-575-2507.
• Akwesasne Medical Clinics at Kanonhkwa’tsheri:io and Kawehno:ke will be closed – community members may contact Dr. Horn via the Primary Care cellphone with health-related questions at 613-930-6474.
• Community Health Program will remain operational – to contact them for questions on COVID-19 or other healthcare follow-up, please call 613-575-2341 ext. 3220.
• Akwesasne Non-Insured Health Benefits staff will be working from home during the week – contact ANIHB Tuesday-Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at 613-363-3493 and leave a message.
• Scheduled medical transports are essential and will occur during the week – contact ANIHB Medical Transport Staff about your appointment at 613-363-6866 and leave a message.
• Home Care/Home Support office will be closed with limited services of nursing, personal support workers and home maintenance scheduled in the community – Program Manager April White who can be reached at 613-551-2906, or Nursing Supervisor Micheline White who can be reached at 613-363-4762, or PSW Supervisor Mary Ann Lazore who can be reached at 613-363-1708.
• Wholistic Health & Wellness Program Mental Health staff will continue to work from home during the week – the 24/7 support line to contact local mental health staff is 1-844-244-1060.
The Emergency Operation Center (EOC) will be available by phone all week from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Please call Scott Peters at 613-551-1836 or Dwayne Thomas at 518-521-7834.